Friday, October 9, 2009

Calling all Yankee fans

It's not exactly a hajj, but I will making a long-awaited pilgrimage tonight: my first Yankee playoff game in five years. I'll be hoping to erase the sour taste of Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS, my last postseason appearance, when potential winning run Tony Clark struck out against Boston's Keith Foulke to end the game and continue the Bombers' epic meltdown.

Those of you on Twitter, I'll be posting updates after the bottom of every inning. Those who aren't, check back here tomorrow morning for my thoughts on the game, the atmosphere and anything else relevant from Game 2 of Yanks-Twins.

I leave you with this article by ESPN.com's Wright Thompson on the caviar culture at the new Yankee Stadium. Here's hoping the buzz tonight is a little more electric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home